To maintain privacy of your Email and to Protect your Email ID from being Hacked we must follow some basic steps as follows,
2. Enable Login-notification for you email and get notification in your mobile whenever you login.
3. Set a strong password with a mix of alphabets, numbers and special characters.
4. Enable login- notification for you Facebook accounts to prevent unauthorized access.
5. Enable HTTPS in your email settings and your Facebook account settings.
6. Never share your password with anyone. Even to your closest person.
7. Setup a recovery question which is difficult to answer and never setup an easy & guessable answer to your security question.
8. Never click on any links sent through mail or chat. It may be a link which can steal your cookie or inject any viruses.
9. Always check your address bar for proper website address before logging in.
10. Whenever you Need to Forward an Email to More than One Person use the BCC Option to Write Addresses.
11. If you are Unable to Access Your Email Account Immediately Report it to the Service Provider. They Give You a Option of Forgot Password/Account Hacked etc.
12. Avoid Using FREE WIFI Access At Public Places.